For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Reanna Duenas: Reanna@Fit4TheCause.org
Ventura County Fitness NPO Fit4TheCause™ Pivots to Sustain and Expand Services During COVID-19 Crisis
Fit4TheCause™ Brings Health Programs Online to Serve the Community;
Board Elevates Member Rebecca Buck to Chair
Thousand Oaks, CA, July 29, 2020–FIT 4 THE CAUSE™, the Conejo Valley-based non-profit serving communities from Oxnard to the San Fernando Valley has moved rapidly to adapt its services to the realities of the coronavirus pandemic. During these uncertain times, Fit 4 The Cause continues to offer numerous online classes and programs each week at no cost to participants. Fit 4 The Cause keeps its fragile seniors and young adults with special needs moving with Zumba®, Strength Training, Yoga, Meditation, Brain Games, cardio-kickboxing and American Sign Language for all age groups.
Newly-elected Fit 4 The Cause Board Chair Rebecca Buck explained, “As our community learned the importance of social distancing, and more and more people were impacted by gym, school, studio and business closures, Fit 4 The Cause recognized the need to keep its community moving for healthy living, featuring our programs that can be accessed anywhere. Shifting to offer virtual classes online felt like the best way to continue to live out our mission to strengthen our community.”
A survey of the group’s current schedule—taught by its fitness-licensed instructors—is motivating the community daily with diverse workout options including:
- Amanda Welti—who serves as Fit 4 The Cause’s Zumba®️ Zumba®️ kids’ instructor at Ladera Elementary School and Conejo Recreation and Parks Department—provides daily workouts for Zumba Kids, Zumba for Special Needs, strength and conditioning and yoga through her free Live Stream Workouts. Schedule here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2561451390769080/ . Amanda was also awarded Fit 4 The Cause’s 2019 Lifetime Achievement Honor. These classes can also be found through links posted on Fit 4 The Cause’s Instagram and Facebook pages. Awelti4ever@yahoo.com
- Anita Pressman, Board Member and Certified Fitness Instructor teaches Prenatal and Toddler Yoga 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 4PM.
- Caryn Mower, named Volunteer of the year at Fit 4 The Cause 2019 Gala, offers cardio kickboxing Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays 10:30AM. email@example.com
- Executive Director Cindy Rakowitz teaches Zumba®️ at 10:55AM and Zumba®️ Gold at 11:30AM on Mondays with Tri-Counties Regional Center, Senior Functional Fitness on Thursdays at 12Noon, Zumba®️ with Villa Esperanza at 11AM on Fridays, Community Class at 11AM on Saturdays; she also provides limited private workouts when schedule permits. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographer, analyst and instructor Kathryn Duffek offers twice-weekly Zumba®️ classes, presented Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00PM, live-streamed on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/heyblondegurl760
- Fit 4 The Cause’s newest employee and Certified “Warriors At Ease” yoga and meditation instructor Robin Briceño, (Harmony Accessible Yoga) teaches chair yoga and yoga exclusively tailored for VA participants weekly https://www.facebook.com/warriorsatease/ harmonyaccessibleyoga@gmailcom
- Terri Claire teaches Introduction to American Sign Language on Tuesdays at 2PM.
- Terri Grayson teaches a weekly Zumba®️ Gold class Tuesdays at 12Noon.
- Finally, users can find daily fitness and nutrition tips from Fit 4 The Cause on their social media platforms.
* * *
Newly elected Board Chair Rebecca “Becky” Buck succeeds the late David Adelman, he lost his hard battle to Pancreatic Cancer in March. Adelman, a founding Board Member, was a law partner for more than 20 years with G&B Law in Encino in the San Fernando Valley. He served as past chairman of the Valley Industry and Commerce Association, and he was chair of that business advocacy group’s not-for-profit committee. In addition, to Fit 4 The Cause, he also served as a board member of New Horizons, a North Hills nonprofit that works with developmentally disabled people, and the board of Valley Presbyterian Hospital. Adelman was a finalist in 2017 for the Fernando Award, the top honor given for volunteer work in the Valley. https://fit4thecause.org/david-donation/
Buck served as the Director of Business Operations for Los Robles Homecare Services, a local home healthcare agency her family owned in Thousand Oaks. She oversaw business operations and strategic planning for numerous departments within the organization, including the management of the administrative, HR, and accounting teams for 15 years. Buck previously served as the Marketing Director for two renowned commercial real estate locations. She has a personal interest in both philanthropy and fitness and enjoys using her business acumen for the nonprofit world.
The Fit 4 The Cause Board, an experienced, diverse, dedicated and influential cadre of medical professionals, lawyers, educators, experts and marketers from across Southern California.
About FIT 4 THE CAUSE™
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a Guidestar Platinum Charity, FIT 4 THE CAUSE™ was founded by longtime crisis communications guru and interim corporate CEO Cindy Rakowitz in 2014. Cindy became a licensed fitness professional in 2012 where she earned her certification from the American Council on Exercise. Her specialties include Therapeutic Exercise, Zumba®, Zumba® Kids and Zumba® Gold.
In response to America’s ongoing healthcare crisis, Fit 4 the Cause provides licensed fitness professionals and nutrition educators for low-income communities as a preventative solution. Today, they serve 2000 unique beneficiaries, including at-risk teens, fragile seniors, young adults with special needs and vulnerable children. They track progress through their programs and the well-being of these groups and the wider community.